On 2nd and 3rd of June 2018, DIOK is going to organize the well-known BTUTK, this years theme will be “Bassie en Adriaan” (famous dutch circus duo- http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bassie+en+adriaan) . This tournament is for everyone and each level and it is played with the swiss ladder system which means that you will have several games, even if you lost a match. Let us see your best trick shot and even if you lose, try to see your loss in a humoristic way so that we can have fun on the party later that night!
BTUTK (BOES & TIMP UNIVERSITEIT TWENTE KAMPIOENSCHAPPEN) is an open tournament for all those who own a sportcard (Union/Xtra/Campus Card). This means students/employees/and campus residents are welcome to join, even if you are not a member of DIOK. If you have never played badminton before, this tournament serves as a great opportunity to get to know this sport. When you join (singles, doubles and/or double-mix), you will play several games against opponents from similar levels. And because this tournament is all about fun, losing does not mean you are eliminated from the tournament. Everyone will play multiple matches (swiss ladder system).
Of course, we will provide enough rackets to borrow.
The costs for the tournament are as follows:
- €5 per category
- Optional: €10 for dinner (Saturday)
- There will be a party Saturday night in the Vestingbar! Come in style as one the many friends and enemies of Bassie & Adriaan.
- Because of the Swiss Ladder System, we strive to have multiple matches per person per category. So be aware of this!
- Only Nylon shuttles will be provided during this tournament. Players of higher categories should bring their own feather shuttles!
- In case of too few applications within one level, the organisation can decide to combine two levels!
- Level A (first class and above; feather shuttles)
- Level B (fifth-second class; nylon shuttles)
- Level C (sixth-seventh class; nylon shuttles)
- Level D (recreational & beginners; nylon shuttles)
- Veteran Level (DIOK-Alumni)
You can contact us via UTK@DIOK.nl or our Facebook Page: BTUTK 2018